If you decide to fundraise for Honeypot, we’ll be here to help you every step of the way. To get you started here are some of our top tips.
- Decide how you want to raise money. Whichever you choose – whether a sponsored run or swim, a charity bake sale, a talent show, a raffle or competition – just remember to pick something fun that you’ll enjoy! And please give us a call to let us know what you’re up to on 0207 602 2631 or email email@example.com.
- See if your employer will give you matched funding for what you raise – it can double your money!
- Consider the details – don’t skimp out on proper planning and preparation, whether it’s finding the perfect venue or date, or working out your budget.
- Ask for charity rates from suppliers and for donations or sponsorship from companies – you’ll be amazed at how supportive people can be.
- Ask your friends, family and colleagues to support or sponsor you, and ask them to ask their friends!
- Set up your personalised donations page here through our site, or via JustGiving, Virgin Money Giving or BT MyDonate. Make sure you have downloaded a sponsorship form and don’t forget about Gift Aid*.
- Advertise your event wherever you can, your own social media pages can be particularly successful to encourage your friends to support and donate, as well as asking them to share or retweet your posts to spread news of your fundraising efforts to even more people.
- Think your event is newsworthy? Contact your local press/radio/TV and tell them what you’re doing – we can help you write a press release if you would like.
- Don’t forget to ensure you are keeping it safe and legal.
- Have fun and enjoy your event!
We love to hear about our supporters’ events and we can provide you with balloons, banners, flyers, stickers, our logo, and collection tins for your use. Don’t forget to send us your photos!
You can pay your money in by several different methods; either online, by cheque, cash or directly into our bank account, whichever is easier for you. Please ensure cheques are made payable to The Honeypot Children’s Charity.
*Gift Aid allows UK charities to claim back 25p for every £1 donated by a UK taxpayer, provided they make a Gift Aid declaration. For more details, click here. For a Gift Aid declaration form, click here.