If you decide to fundraise for Honeypot, we’ll be here to help you every step of the way. To get you started here are some of our top tips.
- Decide what you want to do, pick something fun that you’ll enjoy. Give us a call to let us know on 0207 602 2631 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- See if your employer will give you matched funding for what you raise – it can double your money!
- Consider the details…find your ultimate venue, choose a date and work out your budget.
- Ask for charity rates from suppliers and for donations or sponsorship from companies – you’ll be amazed at how generous people can be!
- Ask your friends, family and colleagues to support or sponsor you, and ask them to ask their friends.
- Set up your personalised donations page via JustGiving or Virgin Money Giving. Make sure you have downloaded a sponsorship form and don’t forget about Gift Aid*.
- Advertise your event wherever you can, social media can be particularly successful and we can also help to promote your event on Facebook, twitter and on our website.
- Contact your local press/radio/TV and tell them what you’re doing – we can help you write a press release if you would like.
- Don’t forget to ensure you are keeping it safe and legal.
- Have fun and enjoy your event!
We love to hear about our supporters’ events and we can provide you with balloons, banners, our logo, and buckets. Don’t forget to send us your photos!
You can pay your money in by several different methods; either online, by cheque, cash or directly into our bank account, whichever is easier for you. Please ensure cheques are made payable to The Honeypot Children’s Charity.
*Gift Aid allows UK charities to claim back 25p for every £1 donated by a UK taxpayer, provided they make a Gift Aid declaration. For more details, click here. For a Gift Aid declaration form, click here.