On the 31st of January 2019 Honeypot was proud to launch Bank of America Merrill Lynch as our new, lead partner for 2019 / 2020. The bank’s support will enable the charity to build a long-term education care strategy for the UK’s young carers who spend on average 30 hours a week on caring responsibilities and 73% of whom are forced to take time off school. The new partnership will also facilitate the launch of a programme of accredited learning focused on developing essential social and emotional skills. Staff at Bank of America Merrill Lynch in the UK will be supporting Honeypot for a two-year period, through activities including upskilling staff across events, communications and social media, and participation in numerous sponsored challenges for Honeypot to raise money and awareness.
Bank of America’s Merrill Lynch goal for 2019/2020:
We plan for Honeypot to expand to reach 70% more young carers by offering respite breaks during term time rather than just weekends and holidays.
This plan will provide:
- 42,000 extra hours of respite
- 14,000 hours of learning new skills
Since our partnership launched we’ve been delighted by the fundraising efforts of BAML staff. Thank you!
Past staff events:
- London Quiz Night – 6th March
- Easter Family Film Day – 18th April
- Sponsored Zumbathon – 11th April
- Bromley Silent Raffle – April
- Camberley Easter Egg Raffle – 18th April
- Chester Bring and Buy Sale – 8th May
- Chester Football Tournament – 15th May
Upcoming staff events:
- Dragon Boat Race Event – 20th June
- Charity Golf Day – 20th June
Contact Georgina Bentley-Leek, at email@example.com to discuss fundraising ideas and getting involved.