There are lots of ways that you as an individual can help Honeypot. Whether your donation is large or small, monthly or as a one off contribution, you can rest assured that you will be making a life changing difference to the children we support.
Holding an event for Honeypot:
If you would like to fundraise as an individual, we recommend you look through our top tips below. Please get in touch and let us know about your event, we’d love to help you get started!
1. Set a goal of how much money you’d like to raise. This doesn’t have to be thousands of pounds- remember, just £20 is enough to buy a Christmas present for a Honeypot Child.
2. Decide what you’d like to do to raise it! Possibilities are endless: host a party or BBQ, have a quiz or film night, sell second-hand books or toys, have a cake sale stall, get sponsored for giving something up…
3. Tell us! We can support you by promoting your event and provide you with resources, such as banners, leaflets, collecting tins, badges, balloons, and possibly even a visit from Bumble!
4. Tell your family and friends! The generosity of those closer to you helps set a precedent for other donations.
5. Embrace social media and make the most of JustGiving, Facebook (where you can easily create a dedicated fundraiser for Honeypot) and Twitter to help build awareness and advertise your event.
6. If appropriate, ask your local businesses to support you with donations of raffle prizes or help sell tickets.
7. See if you can get your fundraising matched; many organisations offer a matched giving for charitable fundraising
8. Have fun!
Making a donation to Honeypot:
There are a number of ways you can make a donation; via text, online or by posting a cheque. We always acknowledge each donation that our supporters are kind enough to give. You’ll receive a thank you letter from us, along with our bi-annual newsletter. This way, you can see for yourself the difference you are making.
If you would like to visit Honeypot House or Honeypot Pen y Bryn, or if you would like to talk to a member of our staff about making a donation, you can call us on 0207 602 2631.
Text donation terms and conditions:
Text BUMBLE to 70500 to donate £5 as an one-off donation to the Honeypot Children’s Charity.
Text CHANCE to 70300 to subscribe to give £3 every month to the Honeypot Children’s Charity.
Honeypot Children’s Charity (registered charity number 1011672) will receive 100% of your donations. You may also be charged for one text message at your network’s standard or charity rate for any text messages that you send.
To miss the next scheduled payment simply text SKIP to 70300 or text STOP to cancel your subscription. We’d like to contact you with news and information about other campaign, but if you’d rather we did not contact you again then include the words NO INFO at the end of your message eg. CHANCE NO INFO If you contact us by text and subsequently wish to change your mind about future contact, please reply NO INFO to any future text from us. If you access the Internet from a mobile phone you may incur data charges. Please ensure that the connection you use is secure and take reasonable security precautions when clicking any URL or filling in any mobile web form that we might send to you. We use a company called Vir2 to provide a text helpline for dealing with any issues related to text donation services. Call 0330 660 0425. Please do not use this number for contacting the charity – it is purely for any issues that you may have about our text donation services.
Some donations are eligible for Gift Aid. Donating with Gift Aid means charities can claim an extra 25p for every £1 you give. It won’t cost you any extra, but we do require you to fill out a Gift Aid Declaration form. If you would like more information about Gift Aid, please contact us on 0207 602 2631.